The Master in Science with a specialty in Energetic Engineering allows its students to acquire a solid formation in the foundations of engineering and become an expert according to their focused area in topics such as: Quality and Efficient Use of Electric and Thermic Energy; Design of Efficient Electric Industrial Systems, Boilers and Combined Cycles of Electric Generation; Electronic Control of Power applied to: Electric Systems, Converters of Wind and Photovoltaic Generators, and in Transport Systems, Hybrid Cars, and Flexible Electric Grids (Smart Grids, FACTS, SVCs, etc); Generation, Conversion, and Distribution of the Wind and Solar Energy; Efficient Buildings and Houses: Lightning and Air Conditioner; Regulation and Financing of the Energetic Resources and Environmental Impact of Energies.
Objective of the Program
- Develop professionals highly qualified in relevant topics for the conversion, transmission, distribution, storage, conservation, and efficient use of energy, including clean and renewable sources.
- Develop professionals capable in the technical field and motivated to stay permanently updated in order to solve current problems and to apply engineering to the problems that may arise in the future.
- Develop professionals interested in applied research activities and technological development, solving problems relevant to the energetic field with subjects that have updated contents and a strategic vision of the technological evolutions in the energetic area.
Profile of the Graduate
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Solve problems related to the efficient use of energy, in both thermic and electric engineering.
- Evaluate the different alternate sources of energy and assure the good administration of the energetic resources necessary for an adequate sustainable development.
- Understand the impact produced by the technologies of the energetic field on the environment.
- Explore new and promising alternatives in the energetic area, taking into consideration the economic limitations, current regulations, and sensitive to the sustainable development needs of the country.
Engineers in Energy, Chemistry. Electricity, Mechanical, or Physics. In specific cases, students from different areas from engineering may be accepted after showing they possess the necessary knowledge or that they are willing to take additional classes to acquire these.